Saturday, June 20, 2009

Walking in the Rain

Well it looks like I am on the every other day plan- oh well that is better than nothing and I can keep working on increasing frequency as well as duration/distance.

It is quite rainy today but I decided to go for a walk anyways when it wasn't too bad. Of course it figures that just as I got going it started raining harder. I kept going and got totally soaked. Oh well I'll dry!

For today's walk I decided to pass by the local outdoor pool. It was closed last year due to repairs and practically unswimmable the year before because it was so cold (which is why it was closed for repairs last year). Anyways I wanted to see how things looked and even though they said it would be open this summer my cynical side was not expecting that it would be and even if it did, I figured it would be later on in the summer. Well what a pleasant surpirse it was already open.

In the pouring rain.

I was half way tempted to go home and get my bathing suit and go for a swim, and be the only one in the pool, just like old times - lol. But it is probably still cold since it is so early. So I settled on stopping in to find out the hours. 12-8 everyday. Perfect I will have to get there one day (at least) next week. It is actually a nice walk there and back, combined with a swim would be really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment