Friday, July 3, 2009

Keeping it up

Got my walk in yesterday too. At least three days in a row now yay!!

Walking does wonders to clear the mind.

When I lived in Vancouver I used to start every day with a 45min-1 hr walk by the beach. I would pick up a Starbucks along the way and sit on a park bench for a bit and just look out over the water. That was very calming and a good time to think. Sometimes when I am struggling with a decision or other things, going for a walk helps clear my head and somehow the answer comes to me. I forgot about that and now am realizing how important that was/is to me. And as much as I like swimming, it isn't the same as my thoughts are consumed by counting lengths, mthinking about my stroke etc. although it is a great way to just get away from everything but walking is different. So in addition to all the fitness/weightloss benefits, it is also very helpful mentally as well. Yet one more reason to keep on going.

No comments:

Post a Comment